Saturday 18 May 2013

Chvrches

Chvrches Lies Alexandra Palace London Two Door Cinema Club electric music 2013 songs lyrics

When I first heard this band at Alexandra Palace, opening for Two Door Cinema club, I wasn’t too impressed.  At first listen they seemed like another uninspired 80s techno impersonator group.  That being said, upon further listening of their hit track ‘Lies’ I’ve changed my opinion!  I really like the industrial tone of the song (it reminds of me Depeche Mode), and the strong female vocal is great!  When they first came onto the stage and the music began, no one was particularly enamored with them.  However, as soon as lead singer Lauren Mayberry began to sing there was something so booming and attention grabbing about her voice that heads were constantly turning and watching her performance.

The band originates from Glasgow.  It consists of synthesizers/vocalists Lain Cook and Martin Doherty, with lead vocalist Lauren Mayberry.  Their full album will be released in September of this year!

Questions, Comments, Recommendations or Inquiries?  Follow or contact me!
 photo emailFINAL_zps1430d04b.png photo bloglovinFINAL_zpsc4a11271.png photo facebookFINAL_zps76ae967f.png photo googleplusFINAL_zps0bcaeb8a.png

No comments:

Post a Comment